Résumé : Greta Sheherazade Bonsema Abdo
Bachelor of Arts (Hons.) - Graphic / Computer Design, Reading College of Arts UK - 2003
- Educational Background I spent most of my formative years studying at Greengates School (DF), a high profile Cambridge compliant British school, except for high school, which I carried out at UVM Lomas Verdes in the Mexican capital city´s outskirts. As for my undergraduate studies, I obtained a Summa Cum Laude Graphic/Computer Design degree in 2003, from Reading College of Art & Design located in Reading, Berks., England, after completing a compulsory one year 'access course' (Higher National Certificate, Graphic Design & Computer Graphics) at the College of North East London (London, England). Other courses and/or certifications include: corporate software application seminars and courses, data communication, computers & IT, web design & web marketing, 3D design, French (Alliance Française), a one year course in media studies (Universidad del Nuevo Mundo / UNUM) and marketing & sales corporate training courses.
- Work Experience I obtained my first formal employment upon graduating from high-school, before my undergraduate studies. It was as Administrative Assistant for a fiber optics consortium (Consorcio Red Uno - Mexico City), where I collaborated towards their busy technology department. Then, upon relocating to England to course my undergraduate studies, I found a challenging part-time job to carry out -simultaneous to my degree course- at a management consultancy firm in West London (Gorham & Partners Ltd. - London, UK). With a highly rewarding Business Developing Executive / P.R. position, for over four years my main task was to promote reputable, subtly well-known methods in senior consulting for blue-chip corporations - mostly in global telecommunications sectors. All along I developed skills in business, marketing, finance and P.R. Eventually, I later also carried out my college studies-internship at this company, I designed and developed their corporate website - whilst I relevantly wrote my web-related dissertation, titled 'Advantages and Disadvantages of a Modern Cyber-Society'. Contrastingly enough after this work task, I received an unexpected invitation to join an art gallery as In-House Artist in Rotterdam (Via Kunst, Holland). Creating paintings and sculptures at Via Kunst wasn't a very long-standing task, but was surely memorable and inspiring. When I returned to Mexico City in 2003, I met a specific web-design freelancing client who in time made me a valuable professional offer to start our own web design company in the city and become his Business Associate / Partner (Web for Net Profesionales SC Mexico City, Mexico). Right after accepting I knew this was the time to implement diverse work perspectives into one vision - and be even more goal oriented. Thus, during the few years we opened our commercially creative doors to the public, we mostly percieved attractive yearly turnovers and overall very good results, lots of hard work, opportunities and innumerable work/people scenarios and rewards. Further on, upon my relocation to Morelos in 2008, I continued in the internet development sector, and got a job as a Flash Developer (web animations) at Publiweb S.A. (Cuernavaca, Mexico). In this very small, somewhat informal company, I developed a number of technically detailed, complex websites - and handled their corresponding client relations. After some time I was once more given the chance to accomplish the challenge of being a Freelance Web Designer and I took it - to the present day. Other freelance tasks I've taken on simultaneous to web development freelancing have been: Web Development & Graphic Design Instructor for degree-level COBAEM teachers, English Teacher at the American English Club, Instructor for Multimedia Diploma Courses + Mac OS Usage Courses at Macademy Digital Arts Center, where I also helped out with their website and course / syllabus creations. I currently focus on freelance web & design tasks, and also teach multimedia, computing and/or language courses at all levels.
- Other Work Experience Other relevant work tasks that are worth mentioning are: Graphic Designer (UK & DF); textual translator (SPA-ENG / ENG-SPA) and English teacher for friends and neighbors mostly in Mexico City; part-time rent-collector / real estate administrative auxiliary (Individual Services - Cuernavaca, Mexico); temporary Accounts Assistant for two clothing corporations (Linos & Playeras Yazbek - Cuernavaca, Mexico) and Basic-Computing Teacher (DF & Cuernavaca). In earlier years I carried out yet more highly versatile labor activities: Ad Space Tele-marketer (Cornhill Publications - London, UK), Nursing Home Carer (Aden House - London, UK), Fund-Raiser for Greenpeace and Barnardo's charities (Dialogue Direct - London, UK) and Public Events Hostess (freelance - Mexico City, Mexico).
- Languages: Spanish (100%) - English (100%) - French (40%) - Dutch (30%)
- Software: Dozens of (2D and some 3D) design programs, also a wide variety of expertise with programs commonly used for: animation, internet, audio (and some degree of digital video editing), word-processing, administration and accounting, maintenance, file transferring, MS Office, etc. (Mac OS, Windows & Linux).
- Coding Experience: HTMLx, CSS, XML, PHP, AS, OOP, JOOMLA & JS.